[ News |
- Distributed and Parallel Computing
Last modified 11:31:32, 7 Jan 1998 - 2.6K - text
This is a comprehensive survey of the state-of-the-art
in concurrent computing. It covers four major aspects:
- Architecture and performance;
- Theory and complexity analysis of parallel algorithms;
- Programming languages and systems for writing parallel and distributed programs;
- Scheduling of parallel and distributed tasks.
Hardbound, 469 pages, $60, Manning ISBN 1884777511
See also <URL:http://www.manning.com/El-Rewini/>
Authors: Hesham El-Rwini, University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA and
Ted G. Lewis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, USA.
Copyright © 1993-2000 Dave Beckett & WoTUG