- ParMETIS is an MPI-based parallel library that implements a variety of algorithms for partitioning unstructured graphs and for computing fill-reducing orderings for sparse matrices. ParMETIS is particularly suited for parallel numerical simulations involving large unstructured meshes. For these computations, ParMETIS dramatically reduces the time spent in communication by decomposing the mesh in a way that balances the load and minimizes the number of interface elements. ParMETIS's algorithms are based on the multilevel partitioning and fill reducing ordering algorithms that are implemented in the widely used serial package METIS. ParMETIS extends the functionality provided by METIS by including routines that are especially suited for parallel computations and large scale numerical simulations.
- ParMETIS is distributed freely.
- Mon Sep 28 11:07:11 1998
- Numerical Programs and Routines!Graph and mesh partitioning
- It is written entirely in ANSI C and MPI and is portable on most parallel computers that support MPI. It has been extensively tested on the following machines: SGI Challenge; SGI Origin; Cray T3D; Cray T3E; HP Exemplar; IBM SP 2
- A Parallel Graph Partitioning and Sparse Matrix Ordering Library
- September 1998
- George Karypis
Meta Data URL from which this entry was created: